Waterstone Financial, Inc.
The Holding Company for WaterStone Bank, SSB
Waterstone Financial, Inc. (WFI) is the holding company for WaterStone Bank, formerly Wauwatosa Savings Bank, one of the largest financial institutions headquartered in Wisconsin. With eight banking offices located in the Milwaukee suburbs of Wauwatosa, Franklin/Hales Corners, Germantown/Menomonee Falls, Oak Creek, Oconomowoc/Lake Country, Pewaukee, Waukesha/Brookfield, and West Allis, WaterStone has over $1.8 billion in total assets as of June 30, 2010. WaterStone offers depository and mortgage lending products targeted at consumers. Additional information about WaterStone Bank is available at www.wsbonline.com.
WaterStone Bank began operating as a building and loan in 1921 and operated until late 2005 as a mutual savings institution, which means that its depositors were members who had the right to elect the board of directors. The bank de-mutualized in 2005 through a member-approved reorganization plan. Under the plan, Waterstone Financial, Inc. was formed as the holding company for WaterStone. Lamplighter Financial, MHC, a mutual holding company controlled by depositors of WaterStone, owns 68.35% of WFI's common stock. The remaining 31.65% of common stock was issued as public stock, including 1.65% donated to the WaterStone Bank Fund (formerly the Wauwatosa Savings Bank Fund) of the Waukesha County Community Foundation. The foundation supports charitable organizations and programs in Milwaukee, Washington and Waukesha counties. The stock commenced trading on NASDAQ on October 5, 2005. It is currently traded under the symbol WSBF.
Waterstone Financial, Inc., through its operating subsidiary, WaterStone Bank, serves its core market by: