SPOKANE, Wash., March 11 -- Cavanaughs Entertainment, a division of Cavanaughs Hospitality Corporation (NYSE: CVH), announced today their exciting lineup of Broadway productions for their historic 1999-2000 Millenium Season. The season will include the most popular touring productions of all time -- THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, MISS SAIGON, LES MISERABLES, and SHOWBOAT. As a special add-on show to the Millenium Season, Cavanaughs Entertainment will also present an engagement of RIVERDANCE in July 1999. With all of these shows receiving multiple Tony Awards, the season will showcase the highest quality touring productions in the world. According to known Broadway Presenters, no other city has been able to schedule the three best selling, most popular, Broadway productions in history into one season series.
Cavanaughs Entertainment will be taking their season from twenty-seven (27) Broadway performances during the 1998-1999 season to seventy (70) performances in 1999-2000. Over 180,000 theatergoers are expected to attend the performances. This will nearly triple the number of attendees to the Spokane Opera House over the 1998-1999 season. An estimated 40% of attendees will come from Spokane County, with the other 60% coming from other areas of Washington and Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Canada. The economic impact that these attendees will have on the city of Spokane is estimated to be 20 million dollars ($20,000,000.00). The League of American Theatres and Producers estimate that for every dollar spent on theatre tickets, another two dollars goes toward ancillary spending.
"If timing is everything," says Jack Lucas, Vice President of Entertainment Services, "Then our 1999-2000 Millenium series represents a major coup for the City of Spokane and Cavanaughs Hospitality Corporation. The City of Spokane will be full of excitement during what is normally, in each instance, a slower period for hotels, restaurants and retailers. Les Miserables performances includes Labor day weekend 1999, Showboat is early November 1999, Miss Saigon is early January 2000 and Phantom of the Opera runs from late February into March 2000."
In addition to this phenomenal entertainment season, Cavanaughs Hospitality Corporation also announced a name change to their entertainment division. After 13 years of presenting Broadway, concerts, and sporting events under the name of G&B Presents, the Company will transition into the new millenium with the name of Cavanaughs Entertainment. This name change will better reflect the synergy between the divisions of the Company as they network their products and services within each division. Cavanaughs Hotels, the Hospitality Division of the Company, has created Entertainment Packages, which allow the guest to enjoy hotel accommodations, premier seating to the Millenium Season performances, and other special amenities. This one stop shopping entertainment approach allows guests to make their entertainment arrangements with one phone call or e-mail to the Company's Call Center. Entertainment Packages allow Cavanaughs guests to purchase tickets to the Millenium Season prior to them going on general public sale.
At this time, individual tickets are available through the purchase of a Season Subscription or a Cavanaughs Hotel Entertainment Package. Group Tickets of twenty (20) or more will also be on sale. Tickets for these patrons will be available today at 12:00 p.m. (noon), March 11, 1999 at the Spokane Arena or Spokane Opera House Box Office, or by calling 325-SEAT or 800-325-SEAT. Online arrangements can also be made by visiting www.cavanaughs.com on the Internet.
Cavanaughs Hospitality Corporation serves the Northwest with 3,933 full service hotel rooms in 19 hotels, 47 restaurants and lounges and 196,900 square feet of meeting space. In addition, Cavanaughs provides entertainment services through G&B Select-a-Seat, a computerized ticket company with over 20 outlets, and Cavanaughs Entertainment, a Broadway and special event presenting company. Cavanaughs also manages 3.1 million square feet of third party property management, 2,200 residential units, and owns 590,000 square feet of office and retail space.