EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (January 13, 2002)
- Who's that on the phone? It's Barbie®, calling girls everywhere with personalized phone messages to help celebrate special occasions. Like most girls, Barbie® loves to talk on the phone to all her friends and now girls can be on the other end of the line to listen to a pre-recorded greeting from Barbie®. Whether it's to say "Happy Birthday," "Happy Holidays," or just "hello," Barbie® has expanded her relationship with girls to include being a phone pal!
Available exclusively on Barbie.com, Barbie Call TimeTM
is a unique new offer from the Barbie® brand that will further engage girls in Barbie® doll's world. The line offers an array of pre-recorded voice message categories, call scheduling options, and even some personalized greetings from Barbie® that include the girl's name. The time, date and location of the call can be specified for either the same day or up to one year in advance. A customized call from Barbie® can reach any telephone or mobile phone in the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec).
"Barbie® plays such a large role in the lives of girls that a call from her to personally wish them a 'happy birthday' or 'good luck' on an upcoming spelling test will be fun, unexpected and inspiring to them," said Christina De Rosa, Vice President, Girls Interactive Group, Mattel. "Barbie Call TimeTM
further extends Barbie® doll's role as a friend to girls who provides support and encouragement."
With six different call categories to choose from (Party Invitations, Happy Birthday, Holiday & Seasonal, Bedtime, You Can Do It! and Congratulations) and a variety of sub-categories within each, there is a call for every occasion. Starting at just $1.99 each, a pre-recorded call from Barbie® is an ideal way to send a special gift.
The six call categories offer the following occasions to choose from:
- Party Invitations - Birthday Party, Sunny Celebration, Princess Party, Beauty Bash, Sleepover, Surprise Party and Tea Party
- Happy Birthday - Special Birthday Song
- Holiday & Seasonal - Welcome to the New Year, Valentine's Day, "Hoppy" Spring, Special Summer Cheer, Celebrate Independence, Back to School, Halloween Jokes, Thanksgiving and Happy Holiday Song
- You Can Do It! - Chores, Get Along With Sibling(s), Special Event, School, and General Encouragement
- Congratulations - School, Personal or Team Victory, You're a Big Girl Now, Performance and General Congratulations
To create the program, Mattel has entered into an agreement with UVOX Networks, Inc., the world's first telephony broadcasting network, to co-develop and distribute Barbie® Call TimeTM
. Under the terms of the agreement, Mattel will develop all creative content and produce Barbie® doll's entertaining and empowering voice messages, while UVOX will provide a turn-key business solution that includes customizing its proprietary telephony technologies in order to produce, maintain, update, deliver and track Barbie Call TimeTM
UVOX Networks, Inc. is the world's first Telephony Broadcasting Network that provides a unique distribution system for premium voice messages over any analog or cellular telephone. The company's proprietary telephony technology and integrated business solutions enable companies to deliver pre-recorded calls to consumers that are user-defined, customized, personalized, localized, and track able. UVOX enabled calls create new revenue opportunities for clients, open direct lines of communication to consumers, and provide entertaining user experiences while strengthening brand recognition and loyalty. For information please visit www.uvoxnetworks.com
About Mattel Girls Division
Since the Barbie® doll's launch in 1959 as a paper doll inspired friend, she has firmly established herself as the most popular fashion doll ever created. For more than four decades, Mattel has maintained Barbie® doll's popularity by adapting her look, lifestyle and fashions to meet changing times while evolving her world into an overall lifestyle brand for girls. While the Barbie® Brand represents Mattel's initial roots in girls' toys, the girls division has several best-selling brands including American Girl®, Diva StarzTM
, What's Her Face!TM
and Polly Pocket!®. A natural extension of the brands to the online world, Mattel's Girls Interactive Group provides girls of the 21st century a new way to interact with their favorite toys through web sites and licensed Mattel-branded interactive software and video game titles.
Mattel, Inc., (NYSE: MAT, www.mattel.com
) is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel employs more than 27,000 people in 36 countries and its products are sold in more than 150 nations throughout the world. Mattel's vision is to create and market the world's premier toy brands --- for today and tomorrow.
BARBIE, DIVA STARZ, AMERICAN GIRL, WHAT'S HER FACE! and associated trademarks are owned by Mattel, Inc. ©
2002 Mattel, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Polly Pocket! Under license from Origin Products Ltd. And Bluebird Toys (UK) Ltd. ©
2002 Origin Products Ltd. All Rights Reserved.